When Colorado lost Leonard Perlmutter on July 8, it lost someone who had been one of the most versatile jack-of-all-trades in the...READ MORE
Colorado’s Congressional delegation responds to President Trump’s budget proposal
Colorado’s Congressional delegation responded Thursday to President Donald Trump’s budget proposals by using their social media accounts and issuing formal statements.
U.S. Rep. Ed Perlmutter (CO-07) released the following statement in response to President Trump’s proposed budget for fiscal year 2018:
“At the start of the new Congress I said I would look for ways to work with the President and the Republican majority on issues where we could find common ground to continue to put people back to work and grow our economy. I also said I would speak out on issues I believed would hurt hardworking Coloradans. President Trump’s proposed budget will have devastating consequences for our country and for Colorado. I will do my best to fight against the cuts affecting hardworking families, federal employees, businesses and research organizations.”
Congressman Scott Tipton (CO-03) issued the following statement after the Administration released its discretionary budget blueprint for fiscal year 2018:
“Our country is at a critical junction. With our national debt now over $20 trillion, the federal government cannot continue to spend money it doesn’t have. It is now more important than ever that we focus federal resources on keeping our country safe through defense and diplomacy, invest in programs that deliver results for Americans on Main Street and grow the economy, and ensure our social safety nets are put on a sustainable course for those who truly need them. I look forward to working through the budget and appropriations process to further our pathway towards fiscal responsibility.”Content originally published by the Denver Post on March 16, 2017.