Lao Hmong Resolution (H.R. 2940)
Incorporated into section 691 of the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2008, which on 12/26/2007 became Public Law 110-161
- To assist the Hmong people addressing an immigration loophole.
Military Financial Assistance Act (H.R. 3816)
Incorporated into section 107 of the Heroes Earnings Assistance and Relief Tax Act which on 6/17/2008 became Public Law 110-245
Iraqi and Afghan Interpreters Special Immigrant Status (H.R. 2064)
- H.R. 3816 extended two tax provisions impacting active duty military retirement plan withdrawals and financing for home purchases by veterans.
Incorporated into section 1244 of the National Defense Authorization Act of 2008, which on 1/28/2008 became Public Law 110-181
Provides the transfer of land in Aurora, CO to the Veterans Administration (H.R. 6591)
- H.R. 4064 provides special immigrant status to Iraqi and Afghan interpreters.
Included in section 706 of the Veterans’ Mental Health and Other Care Improvement Act of 2008, which on 10/10/2008 became Public Law 110-387
Felix Sparks Post Office Building (H.R. 4240)
Passed the House on suspension January 28, 2008 and became Public Law 110-220 on May 7, 2008
30 Year Anniversary of NREL Resolution (H. Con. Res. 251)
- Designates the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 10799 West Alameda Avenue in Lakewood, Colorado after the former Brigadier General and CO Supreme Court Justice.
Passed House December 6, 2007
GREEN Act (H.R. 6078)
- Commends the National Renewable Energy Lab's work of promoting energy efficiency for 30 years
Passed Financial Services Committee July 31, 2008
Veterans' Epilepsy Treatment Act (H.R. 2818)
- Encourages energy efficiency and conservation and development of renewable energy sources for housing, commercial structures, and other buildings, and to create sustainable communities.
Passed the House on suspension on June 24, 2008 and was incorporated in S. 2162, the Veterans' Mental Health and Other Care Improvements Act of 2008 which became Public Law 110-38 on October 10, 2008
Homeland Security Open Source Information Enhancement Act (H.R. 3815)
- Created VA Epilepsy Centers of Excellence (ECoEs) to provide the best possible epilepsy care to Veterans throughout the United States with state-of-the-art diagnostic and therapeutic services. There are currently 16 ECoEs providing high quality diagnostic healthcare and treatment for veterans with seizures. The ECoEs additionally provide educational and tele-health services for both patients and physicians within the VA healthcare system.
Passed House on suspension July 30, 2008
- Establishes an open source collection, analysis, and dissemination program within the Office of Intelligence and Analysis at the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). Requires the program to make full and efficient use of open source information to develop and disseminate open source alerts, warnings, and other intelligence products relating to the mission of the DHS.
National Guard Redeployment and Homeland Protection Act of 2007 (H.R. 2539)
Introduced May 24, 2007; Referred to the House Committee on Armed Services
- Requires the President to: (1) complete the redeployment to the United States of Army and Air National Guard units serving in Operation Iraqi Freedom; and (2) return all essential National Guard equipment used in such Operation to the states for use for domestic security purposes.
Updates Section 212 of the Immigration and Nationality Act (H.R. 2940)
Signed into law December 26, 2007 as part of H.R. 2764, the Consolidated Appropriations Act of 2008
- Provides discretionary authority to the Secretary of State or the Secretary of Homeland Security to temporarily admit an individual present in the U.S. illegally otherwise inadmissible on security - or terror-related grounds. States that: (1) any such determination or revocation shall not be subject to judicial review; and (2) any such determination shall neither prejudice the U.S. government's ability to bring a civil or criminal action against a beneficiary nor create a substantive or procedural right for the beneficiary.
Toy Origin for Toddler Safety Act (H.R. 4516)
Introduced December 12, 2007; Referred to the House Committee on Energy and Commerce
- Requires every manufacturer of a consumer product to post on its website (if any) the location of the facility where the product was manufactured or assembled.
Firefighter Fatality Reduction Act of 2008 (H.R. 5686)
Introduced April 2, 2008; Referred to the House Subcommittee on Technology and Innovation
- Requires the Department of Homeland Security to study the compliance of fire departments in the United States with national consensus standards for staffing, training, safe operations, personal protective equipment, and fitness; and (2) establish a Task Force to Enhance Firefighter Safety to develop a plan to enhance firefighter safety by increasing compliance with such standards.