|About the Youth Advisory Council
If you are a high school student from the 7th Congressional District, we want you to serve on our Youth Advisory Council (YAC). As a Youth Advisory Council member, participants will be asked to attend meetings and share with Ed and other Council members their perspective, experience, comments and ideas on a variety of topics chosen by the students as well as current events and upcoming legislation.
The Council will be comprised of the following:
- Up to 20 high school students from throughout the 7th Congressional District representing diversity in culture, gender and issue area interest, as well as diversity in the geographic areas of CD 7.
- Staff member, Hannah Mullen, will be main point of contact and help lead the Council.
- Ed will participate in meetings when his schedule allows, and other Congressional staff will be in attendance according to meeting agendas.
- The Council term is from the fall semester through June.
Youth Advisory Council Member Responsibilities
The official responsibilities for the Youth Advisory Council include, but are not limited to, the following:
The Advisory Council will operate in a manner which is inclusive and respectful of the diversity each member brings to the group.
- Attend meetings. If a YAC member must miss a meeting, Hannah Mullen needs to be notified at least 48 hours in advance. Telephone conferencing will be available to those unable to travel to specific meetings.
- Decide on meeting agendas, format, and frequency.
- Read documents provided by our office on specific issue areas so all are able to contribute to the discussion and help develop ideas for federal policy. Also, participants will be asked to share information they have gathered independently with the rest of the Council.
- Members are bound to the same Congressional Rules of Ethics as the Congressional Office. Individual participants and/or the Advisory Council as a whole cannot represent themselves as members of Congressional staff or speak on behalf of Ed. Additional information will be provided on this during orientation.
Are you interested in joining Congressman Perlmutter's Youth Advisory Committee? Click here to download the application. For any questions, please contact Macarena at (303) 274-7944 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.