|Today’s young people are the future of our community and our country. Below are several resources and opportunities for students in the 7th Congressional District:
- Congressional Art Competition: Each spring, the Congressional Institute sponsors a nationwide high school visual art competition to recognize and encourage artistic talent in the nation and in each congressional district. The winning works are displayed for one year at the U.S. Capitol. Click here to learn more.
- Congressional Award: An award given to individuals between the ages of 14-23 who have made outstanding achievements in four areas: Volunteer Public Service, Personal Development, Physical Fitness, and Expedition/Exploration. Participants work with an advisor, such as a teacher or a coach, to set goals in each of the four program areas. To learn more, visit http://congressionalaward.org/.
- Financing College: A quality education is one of the best investments you can make for your future. Whether you are looking at 4 year institutions, community colleges or trade schools, we want to help you on your way. Click here for more information about financial aid, student loans, and scholarships.
- Internship Opportunities: Congressman Perlmutter offers internships throughout the fall, spring and summer semesters for high school or college students in the Washington D.C. and the district office located in Lakewood, CO. Click here to learn more and to apply.
- Service Academy Nominations: Our country needs the service of the best and the brightest our Congressional District has to offer. As a Member of Congress, I have the honor and privilege of nominating candidates to the United States military service academies. Click here to see the eligibility requirements and learn more.
- STEM Competition: The Congressional Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) Academic Competition is a nationwide competition designed to engage students’ creativity and encourage STEM education. It was established by Members of the U.S. House of Representatives in 2013 to allow students from across the country to compete by creating and exhibiting their software application, or “app,” for mobile, tablet, or computer devices on a platform of their choice. Click here for more information.
- Youth Advisory Council: As a Youth Advisory Council member, participants will be asked to attend meetings and share with the Congressman and other Youth Advisory Council members their perspective, experience, comments and ideas on a variety of topics chosen by the students as well as current events and upcoming legislation. The Council is comprised of up to 20 high school students from throughout the 7th Congressional District, selected by the staff of Congressman Ed Perlmutter. Each Council term follows the school year and runs from September to June. Email Macarena Tapia for additional information or call our office at (303) 274-7944.
- Kids' Page: Click here to check out fun facts about Congress and find great educational resources for kids.