Candidates applying for a congressional nomination must meet the following eligibility requirements as of July 1st of the year of admission to a service academy:
- Be a U.S citizen and legal resident of the 7th Congressional District of Colorado
- Be at least 17 years of age and not past their 23rd birthday (25 for the Merchant Marine Academy).
- Be unmarried, not pregnant, and have no legal obligation to support children or other dependents.
- January: Application opens
- April 22: Academy Information Day | Click here to view the flier.
- October 1: Applications due
- October 27: Interview Day (8:00 a.m. to noon)
SERVICE ACADEMY APPLICANT INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS
If you are interested in applying for a congressional nomination, read through the Academy Information and Instruction page prior to beginning the application.
Once completed, click here to begin your application.
Letters of recommendation must be submitted by candidate references prior to application deadline. References can click here to start the recommendation process.
Additionally, ACT or SAT scores are required for a nomination through our office. ACT scores can be directed to our office by using code 7306, and SAT scores can be directed to our office by using code 6968.
It is your responsibility to directly contact your academy or academies of choice to request a pre-candidate questionnaire and complete a candidate file. You must start the pre-application process to your desired academy prior to the Interview Day.
Here are the links to the admissions websites:
*Please note that for USMMA applicants, our office nominates CD-7 applicants only.
Candidates will be evaluated using a competitive system that includes a personal interview, and a review of your application, essays, academic records, letters of recommendation, community involvement, character and leadership experience.
Please note that a congressional nomination is not a guarantee of admission. The final decision will be made by the academy itself following a "whole-person" evaluation that considers a candidate's character, scholarship, leadership, physical aptitude, medical fitness, goals and motivation.