Help with a Federal Agency

We regularly help citizens navigate through some of the red tape when dealing with a government agency. When mistakes are made by the government, it can cause people to feel frustrated. We are here to ensure you are not ignored. Whether you lost important documents, have not received a response from the federal government or need help with benefits or resources, we will do our best to help you navigate the system.

Click here to fill out the casework form or call Ed’s Colorado office at (303) 274-7944.

Here are some of the areas we can help you with:
  • Veterans Benefits: If you are a veteran or a family member supporting a veteran who is experiencing difficulty with a Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) claim or receiving VA health care, our office may be able to help.
  • Immigration/Visas: If you are experiencing difficulty obtaining a visa or passport, or have questions regarding U.S. immigration laws and how you can apply for legal status, our office can help you navigate the immigration system or contact the U.S. State Department. ATTENTION: The State Department is expecting a high volume of renewals this year leading to longer wait times. We recommend that you apply as early as possible for your new or renewed passport. Click here to complete an immigration-specific casework form. Questions about the DACA program? Click here.
  • IRS/Taxes: If you are experiencing economic hardship or seeking help in resolving tax problems that have not been resolved through normal channels, our office may be able to help you work with the IRS.
  • Social Security and Medicare: If you have applied for benefits from the Social Security Administration and have been denied, or have questions regarding your health care coverage under Medicare, our office may be able to help.
  • Housing: If you need help in your search for affordable housing, believe that you have been the target of housing discrimination or are having difficulties receiving a response from your lender about a mortgage issue, we may be able to help you work with the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
  • Student Loans: If need help consolidating loans or communicating with your lender we may be able to help.
  • Other Federal Issues: We are here to serve you. We will always do our best to help you find a resolution or connect you with the right office or organization.
Click here to fill out the casework form or call Ed’s Colorado office at (303) 274-7944.

Click here to download a Privacy Release Form.

Congressional guidelines and ethics rules allow members and staff to work on behalf of constituents to request information, initiate an inquiry or determine the status of a pertinent matter. Please note, members and staff are not able to circumvent agency rules or alter agency determinations, get involved in criminal or judicial matters or that involve any past or pending litigation. For more information on these guidelines, please click here.

State Resources: Need help from the Colorado state government on an issue? Click here for a list of state resources or call our office and we can help point you in the right direction.

Stay Connected

Sign up to get Ed's newsletter delivered straight to your inbox.