Examination and Supervisory Privilege Parity Act (H.R. 5062)
Signed into law September 26, 2014
- Clarifies the sharing of information between federal and state regulators that license, supervise or examine consumer financial products or services, it will not waive or affect any privilege during the examination process.
Fair Debt Collection Practices Technical Clarification Act of 2013 (H.R 2892)
Introduced July 31, 2013; Referred to the House Committee on Financial Services
- Bill only excludes attorneys from the definition of “debt collector” when engaging in litigation-related activities. Additionally, the bill retains the FDCPA’s applicability to attorneys’ extrajudicial activities such as demand letters and phone calls.
Freddie Mac REMIC Reform Act of 2013 (H.R. 3754)
Introduced December 12, 2013; Referred to the House Committee on Financial Services
- Corrects a policy at Freddie Mac that has the potential to return significant funds to the taxpayers. The bill requires Freddie Mac to exercise its clean-up call rights on eligible REMIC securities if the residual holder is willing to split the excess proceeds after the collateral is sold off.
Recognize and honor our nation's veterans on the 70th anniversaries of World War II battles (H.RES.230)
Introduced May 21, 2013; Referred to the House Subcommittee on Disability Assistance and Memorial Affairs
- Honors all veterans, living and deceased, of World War II on the 70th anniversaries of the battles of the War and expresses the deep appreciation and gratitude of the United States for their valor and selfless service to their country.
Recognizing the 40th anniversary of passage of the Solar Energy Research, Development, and Demonstration Act of 1974 (H.RES.765)
Introduced November 20, 2014; Referred to the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology
- Recognizes the 40th anniversary of the passage of the Solar Energy Research, Development, and Demonstration Act of 1974, and NREL’s research and work to improve renewable energy and energy efficiency technologies.
Increase funding for the National Renewable Energy Lab by $15 million
Offered July 9, 2013; Passed as House Amendment 260 to H.R. 2609, the Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 204
- Amendment sought to increase funding for Renewable Energy, Energy Reliability, and Efficiency (facilities and infrastructure) by $15 million and to reduce funding for Weapons Activities by a similar amount.