GREEN Act of 2010 (H.R. 2336)
Passed Financial Services Committee, placed on House calendar but no action taken
Deficit Reduction Amendment (H.R. 5850)
- Encourages energy efficiency and conservation and development of renewable energy sources for housing, commercial structures, and other buildings, and to create sustainable communities.
Adopted by Voice on July 29, 2010
Capital Access for Main Street (Amendment to H.R. 5297)
- Amendment reduces the $124.5 million authorization for the Safety Belt Performance Grant program by $50 million to a level of $74.5 million.
Passed as an amendment to H.R. 5297 - the Small Business Jobs Act on June 16, 2010
- Allows small banks to amortize losses or write-downs on commercial real estate loans over a 10-year period, freeing up more capital for these small institutions to lend to small businesses.
Federal Accounting Oversight Board Act of 2009 (H.R. 1349)
Introduced March 5, 2009; Referred to the House Committee on Financial Services
- Establishes a board called the Federal Accounting Oversight Board (FAOB) to provide independent oversight over the Financial Accounting Standards Board, and the International Accounting Standards Board to approve and oversee accounting principles; and transfers oversight authority from the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) to the FAOB.
Firefighter Fatality Reduction Act of 2009 (H.R. 1499)
Introduced March 12, 2009; Referred to the House Subcommittee on Technology and Innovation
- Promotes firefighter safety by directing the Secretary of Homeland Security to conduct a survey to determine the level of compliance with national voluntary consensus standards as well as determining what barriers may exist that prevent those standards from being met.
Incentives for Successful Companies Act of 2010 (H.R. 5420)
Introduced May 26, 2010; Referred to the House Committee on Ways and Means
- Creates incentives to help businesses grow and train workers for continued success by allowing businesses to be eligible for a business-related tax credit for job training expenses.
Incentives for Successful Small Businesses Act of 2010 (H.R. 5445)
Introduced May 27, 2010; Referred to the House Committee on Financial Services
- Directs the U.S. Treasury Department to establish a five-year program providing guarantees of up to 80% of the principal of any loan which banks and lenders make to small businesses to facilitate U.S. expansion plans.