If you have tried to work with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) and have had problems, we may be able to help you. Please visit my Casework Page, or contact my office directly to obtain assistance with your immigration case.

Frequently Asked Questions

How Do I Replace My Green Card?
If your card is expired, lost, or issued with incorrect information you can complete

Form I-90 by mail or online.  For completion instructions, visit www.uscis.gov for free forms, filing fees, required documents and mailing instructions. Or complete online here  E-Filing Form I-90.

How Do I Let USCIS Know If I Have Moved?
If you have an application or petition pending with USCIS, and have moved or  relocated you need to  notify USCIS as soon  as possible. You can now request a change of address online by  or by mail. Send a letter to the field office processing your case requesting a change of address. Or visit USCIS website and follow instructions for changing your address online.

I recently filed for Naturalization or a Green Card with USCIS. How long will that take?

If you would like my office to inquire about the status of your Naturalization or Green Card, fill out a Privacy Release Form.

Remember, USCIS will only allow us to check the status of your application/petition if you give us your consent by filling out the privacy release form.

I need a form from the USCIS, but the local office does not provide forms onsite. How do I get an UCIS form?
Free forms are available for download from the
USCIS web site.

You can request free forms be mailed to you on the USCIS website, or by calling 1-800-870-FORM (3676).
I've tried calling the USCIS to ask a simple question, but can't get through. How do you contact them?
You can also visit the website to schedule a free INFOPASS appointment to  speak with an immigration  field officer  at your local filed office. Or call USCIS toll-free number for general questions: 1-800-375-5283

How Do I Become a US Citizen?
If  you have  had your legal permanent resident card for five year or more,  or  you are married to a US citizen for three years your maybe eligible to apply for naturalization. Visit the
USCIS website for information about naturalization. Also, you can download a Guide to Naturalization. This 45-page booklet answers most questions you may have regarding citizenship. You must have Adobe Acrobat to access it.
You can also call 1-800-870-3676 and request form N-400, the Naturalization application, or download it from the
USCIS web site.

Business and Immigration

Are you a business or employer with H-1B immigration questions call 1-800-870-3676. You can also obtain form Form I-140 the permanent resident application, by downloading it from the USCIS web site. The website contains information related to hiring people who live outside of the United States. Refer to the USCIS's H-1B Frequently Asked Questions Page for answers to your questions regarding hiring employees outside of the United States.

I'm an investor can I obtain a green green card?

Green cards may be available to investors/entrepreneurs who are making an investment in an enterprise that creates new U.S. jobs.

Green Card through my business?
Green cards may be available to investors/entrepreneurs who are making an investment in an enterprise that creates new U.S. jobs.

How do I study at a university or high school in the U.S.?

You  must be accepted by  an accredited university or high  school in the US and apply through  the SEVIS program. Information and instructions are available on  state.travel.gov website.

What programs are available for US students, educators and professionals to study abroad?For information on U.S. student study abroad, internships and Fellowships; for educators and professionals looking for Fellowships and Fulbright Scholar programs, and for other student and educator exchange programs, please visit www.state.travel.gov  Youth and Education.

 Social Security Number

Am I eligible for a Social Security number under deferred action for childhood arrival?

• If the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) grants you Deferred Action status and employment authorization, you may be eligible for a Social Security number.

• After you receive your Employment Authorization Card (I-766) from USCIS, you can apply for a Social Security number. Visit  www.socialsecurity.gov/ssnvisa

• If you are an immigrant applying for a Social Security Number, click here.

 How do I apply for a Social Security number?

 • You must visit a Social Security office in person to complete and sign an application for a Social Security number. Find your local office at click here.

• You must bring your USCIS-issued Employment Authorization Card (I-766) and proof of age and identity.

 Social Security Information in Other Languages

Social Security provides free interpreter services to help you conduct your Social Security business in 15 languages. These interpreter services are available by phone or in the Social Security office.

altalt alt alt alt alt alt alt alt alt alt alt alt alt alt alt

Obtaining a Social Security number for a foreign born child 

I adopted a child that was born in another country, how do I get a Social Security number for my child?

To obtain a number for your adopted child see steps 1-4 a www.socialseciruty.gov/ssnvisa.

Other Information

For more information, visit www.socialsecurity.gov or call toll-free, 1-800-772-1213 (for the deaf or hard of hearing, call our TTY number, 1-800-325-0778). You can also contact the local Social Security office in Lakewood at 1-866-563-9469.